Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup – a warm and comforting soup with chunks of chicken, vegetables, and egg noodles slow cooked to perfection – a complete meal in a bowl! Do I need to say more? Just perfect for the chilly weather but not really as I love soups any time of the year even in summers 🙂
This chicken noodle soup is the simplest noodle soup recipe ever. Soo easy especially if you are a lover of slow cooker like me! Oh yeah… I just love slow cooking cause it’s soo easy and the tastes far better than the regular stove top. This recipe can be made on stove top too. Nothing complicated even if you are cooking on stove top.
I’ve used chicken breasts for this soup. You can use thighs too but you need to extend the cooking time a bit more. And I’ve used egg noodles about just a cup as I don’t like more noodles in the soup but if you like more just go ahead with more noodles may be a cup extra. If you wanna use eggless noodles you can do that too.
And yes guys I wanted to share with you all that I’m soo happy that my pictures got published in Allarsh magazine calendar 2017. I would also like to show you’ll the picture I took for the amazing photography category. And here it is! Hope you’ll like it. Here the link to the Allarsh calendar.
And here goes the recipe for the most comforting, easy and cozy soup ever!
- chicken breasts - 1lb
- Bay leaf - 2 nos
- Carrots - 5 big sliced
- Celery - 4 stalks diced
- Coarsely ground black pepper powder - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 6 cups
- Garlic - 4 cloves chopped fine
- Dried Italian seasoning - 1 tbsp ( you can use fresh herbs if you have )
- Egg noodles - 1 cup uncooked
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Parsley - for garnishing
- Slow cooker method:
- Place the chicken breast in the slow cooker and add all the ingredients except the egg noodles. Slow cook it on low for 6 hours.
- Once the soup is slow-cooked remove the chicken breasts onto a plate and shred it into chunks and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the egg noodles to the slow cooker and cook it for 10 min on high or till the noodles are done. Then add the shredded chicken into the slow cooker and garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
- Stove top:
- Place all the ingredients except egg noodles in the stockpot and cook it over low heat till the chicken and the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Then remove the chicken breasts onto a plate and shred it into chunks and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the egg noodles to the stock pot and cook it for 10 min on high or till the noodles are done. Then add the shredded chicken into the stock pot and garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.