Naked Banana Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting – Moist banana cake with simple cream cheese frosting topped with chopped walnuts! Do I need to say more? A stunning combination of banana cake and frosting made with cream cheese! They are just made for each other and a show stopper new year treat!!
Before I head on to the recipe I wish everyone a very happy, healthy, fab and a rocking new year 2017!! May this year bring you guys lots of happiness, good health and prosperity!!
2016!!!!!! Wowwww! What a year! I started my career both as a food photographer and a blogger. I just love my work as a photographer and I’m addicted to it. I thank you guys for all the encouragement and support that you’ll have poured in. It really pushes me to do better and better. And I really hope to do much more better and explore various dimensions in photography this year!!
And coming back to the cake!! This cake is a very moist one. Sorry guys I did not show you’ll the cake after it was cut, as I made it for the midnight new year celebration. But I’m telling you guys this is one of the moistest and tastiest cake I’ve ever made. Make sure to use ripened bananas. In case you don’t have ripe ones, just prick them with the fork and pop them into the microwave for about 30 secs till you get the right ripened consistency. The frosting is not too sweet at all and goes very well with the banana cake. I topped the cake with chopped walnuts and it’s totally optional.
And here goes the recipe for the tastiest cake ever!!
Adapted from here!
- Unsalted butter - ¾ cup softened
- sugar - 1 cup
- eggs - 3 nos ( room temperature )
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- buttermilk- ¾ cup ( room temperature )
- mashed ripe bananas - 1 cup
- all-purpose flour - 2½ cups
- salt - ½ tsp
- baking soda - ½ tsp
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- For the Frosting:
- Plain cream cheese - 16 oz softened
- Unsalted butter - 8 oz softened
- vanilla bean paste or extract - 1 tsp
- powdered sugar - 2¾ - 3 cups ( adjust sweetness to your taste )
- Walnuts - 2 tbsp for topping ( optional )
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease the pan well with butter and line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- now mix in one egg at a time until well combined. add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Then add the mashed banana and mix well. Now add the buttermilk and mix well till its fully mixed.
- Now turn on the mixer to low and slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans filling not more than ¾ full and bake for 20 - 25 mins until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 2 mins and then transfer the cake to a wire rack. Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now add the powdered sugar and beat it in low for a minute and then on high for 5 mins until light and creamy.
- Frost on the cooled cakes as desired.
- After frosting top the cake with chopped walnuts.
And these were my favorite images from 2016! – the first year of my photography journey! Hope you guys like it!!