Key Lime Bundt Cake – Moist key lime cake drizzled with key lime icing and topped with the zest of key lime! Citrusy and yummy! Isn’t the cake gorgeous guys! So was the taste of it! Not too sweet and very very addictive!
This cake is a very simple one guys! Not too complicated and the ingredients just the basic ones you will need to make a cake. Make sure to cream the butter and sugar really well to get that perfect Bundt. Grease the bundt pan really well to get that gorgeous shape out! I’ve used melted shortening for greasing the pan and it works out like a charm!
Icing the cake is optional but I must say that the glaze isn’t that sweet as you guys think! It’s got the full on citrusy flavor and we personally liked it with the icing. You could also use lemon if you are out of lime. This is one of the best cakes I’ve baked soo far! Too addictive and gorgeous ❤
So here you go!
Recipe adapted from here:
- All purpose flour- 3cups
- Softened Unsalted butter -1 cup
- Salt - 1tsp
- Baking powder - 2tsp
- Granulated Sugar - 2cup
- Zest of two key limes
- Whole Milk- 1 cup
- Eggs - 4 large (room temperature)
- Melted shortening for greasing the bundt pan
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Icing (optional)
- 11/2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan well with the melted shortening. Be sure to cover all the books and corners of the bundt pan with the shortening.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar until later get and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Now turn the speed of the mixer to low and add in the flour mixture in three batches alternating
- With milk starting and ending with flour.
- Stir in the zest.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared bundt pan, level the top with a spatula and bake for 45-60 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make the glaze by stirring together the lemon juice and sugar. You can either Microwave or heat over a burner briefly, stirring to dissolve the sugar. microwave just until very warm as you don't want to cook the lemon juice, like a minute of microwaving should do.Set the glaze aside.
- Remove the cake from the recipe oven and turn it upside down onto a cooling rack.
- Brush the glaze all over the cake whilst it's still hot.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before icing.
- To ice, the cake whisk all the ingredients listed under icing until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing all over the cake. Top the cake with some lime zest.
- Slice it and enjoy.