Brookies – Brownies + Cookies!! Do I need to say more!! Simply sinful!!! And yes did I tell you guys that I have these for breakfast nowadays? Feels weird right? That’s ok If I’m treated a bit weird if I had a brookie for breakfast! It feels soo awesome to start the day with a brookie! Just awesome!!
These brookies are to just die for!! Both brownies and cookies combined into one!! So if you are craving for a brownie and a cookie try these yummy brookies! He he ! Now that sounded rhyming, isn’t it? lol 😛
And not to mention these are insanely easy to make with simple ingredients that are available in our pantry. Nothing complicated. They are sinful when dipped in a glass of milk and eaten! This is a toddler approved recipe guys and toddlers never go wrong when it comes to taste!! And above all thanks to Ree ( Pioneer Woman ) for this lovely yet sinful recipe!! Loved it Ree! ❤
Here you go!!
- All purpose flour - 2¼ cups
- Cocoa powder - ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Softened Unsalted butter - 2 sticks
- Room temperature whole large Eggs - 3nos
- Vanilla extract - 1 tbsp
- Bittersweet chocolate- 2 ounces ( the melted chocolate must be cooled completely)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and allow it to cool completely. The chocolate must be cooled completely. It must not be warm.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together butter and sugar until light.
- Stir in the melted and cooled chocolate and mix it well.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Stir in vanilla and mix well.
- Now turn the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture in batches until well combined scraping the mixture in between.
- Now line a cookie sheet with a parchment paper.
- Using a cookie or an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough placing each scoop about two inches apart leaving room for the cookie to expand while baking.
- Bake for 11 mins until poufy and set. Allow the cookies to cool in the pan for two minutes and then transfer them on to a wire rack for cooking completely.
- Repeat the process for rest of the cookie dough. Dust the cookies with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy the cookie for breakfast and dessert like me!!